InfinityAffinity archives

Honoring Indigenous Wisdom Concordance: Friday August 8, 2008

Hello Vibe Tribe,

I am heading to Guatemala this week to honor Don Alejandro Oxlaj, Grand
Elder of the Mayans, in his inauguration as the Ambassador of the new office
of the Indigenous Pueblos on August 9th. We will be bringing gifts and our
collective energy toward the success of his mission to bring forth
indigenous wisdom. You may recall we've supported Don Alejandro over the
years, with our last Concordance being this past January at the inauguration
of the new president, Alvaro Colom, which you can read about on the
www.CommonPassion.org site.

1. On Friday morning Pacific time, we will guide a free Global Concordance
from Guatemala. If Don Alejandro can join us on the call, he will. This
coincides with the International Day of the World's Indigenous People on
August 9 (http://www.un.org/depts/dhl/indigenous).

Details:

DATE: Friday August 8, 2008

TIME: 7:00 a.m. to 8 a.m. Pacific time; 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Eastern
time (www.timezoneconverter.com)

NUMBER TO CALL: (616) 712-8000

ACCESS CODE: 545195#

Recording after the call, dial: (641) 715-3429, access code 545195# (until
our next call)

We will discuss the implications of this historic event then guide a Global
Concordance Meditation honoring the "Heart of the Heavens and the Heart of
the Earth." Please join us!

2. Here is the link to a news article (in Spanish) on the Inauguration
Ceremony:
http://www.lahora.com.gt/notas.php?key=34508&fch=2008-08-01

And the rough Google translation:

Cirilo Perez will be ambassadors of Indigenous Peoples
Javier Estrada Tobar
lahora@lahora.com.gt

The spiritual guide Cirilo Perez Oxlaj will be invested as an ambassador for
Indigenous Peoples by President Alvaro Colom, as announced by the Ministry
of Culture and Sports.

The activities to commemorate the National Day and International Indigenous
Peoples begin next August 4 with academic activities, cultural and
spiritual, said Minister of Culture, Jerome Lancerio.

The activities will take place in several departments in the country until
August 9, when it was planned the inauguration of indigenous leader Cyril
Perez Oxlaj as ambassadors of Indigenous Peoples by the president Colom.

Lancerio noted that the Government has a serious commitment to indigenous
peoples, so that the commemoration of the Day of Indigenous Peoples in the
world, can not be avoided by the authorities.

It is estimated that the activities in the country will become important
relevance to the presence of indigenous peoples at the American concerns
Lancerio.

"This activity is sought unity and solidarity among indigenous entities and
a national celebration that promotes the beginning of a new era for
indigenous peoples in Guatemala," he adds.

The commemoration was instituted by the United Nations in 1994 and was
institutionalized in Guatemala by Decree 24-2006, which postulates
recognized within their ethnic diversity of Guatemalans.

3. There is still time to support this effort by donating directly to
www.CommonPassion.org or by participating in the 11 Day Tibetan Puja and
Proxy Program:

http://www.worldonenesscenter.com/PujaWelcome.html

Please know that your help spreading the New Vibe has paid off! Awareness of
the power of our collective intention is greater now than ever before.

Thank you!

All my best,
Joseph Giove
jgiove@infinityaffinity.org
www.InfinityAffinity.org
www.CommonPassion.org

PS. Journey to the Sacred Land of the Maya November 14 - 25, 2008:
www.IntendBalance.com/maya2008

Launched into cyberspace by jgiove@infinityaffinity.org